Sometimes Linkedin can be so complicated that you don’t know who’s managing your Company Page. The best place to start is The Admin View, which is a centralized resource for engaging with your Page’s member community by posting updates, viewing analytics, and editing your Page.
Unfortunately, simple things like how to find a linkedIn company page administrator can be really hard, especially when you are not one of the admins and you want to know how to become an admin on a linkedin page.
People think (and linkedin even says) that it is currently not possible to find out exactly who owns a LinkedIn page but there are 3 ways around it…
Method 1: How to Know the Admins of Your Company’s LinkedIn Page
1. Go to the linked search box.
2. Search for the company you are interested in.
3. Refine your search by selecting people.
4. This will restrict the results to people working in that company.
5. You now have a shortlist of potential admins since the admin must be listed as an employee in that company.
6. Linkedin sometimes lists the admin as the first person.
7. In case they are not, contact the people in the search results (one by one) to request admin access.
Method 2: How to Know the Admins of Your Company’s LinkedIn Page
1. Identify the official website to the company you are interested in.
2. Find their email addresses via google or on their websites contact page.
3. Go to the linked search box and search for each of these email addresses.
4. If any of the admins had listed their email addresses on their profile, they will appear on the search results.
5. Contact the people in the search results (one by one) to request admin access.
Method 3: How to Know the Admins of Your Company’s LinkedIn Page
1. By default, every LinkedIn user with a company email address had Admin rights to the Page.
2. Identify the official website to the company you are interested in.
3. Find their email addresses via google or on their websites contact page.
4. Send them an email requesting admin access or just to confirm their access to the company page.
This can be helpful when you want to recover a lost LinkedIn Company Page, request admin rights and access or when you want to confirm authenticity of a page.
It also comes in handy if you want to claim an unclaimed linkedin company page because a linkedin company page admin left and you are not sure who was designated to take over, here are simple instructions.
1. Find Your Company
Use the search box at the top right of your LinkedIn screen to find your Company Page. You can also find a link to your Page on any user’s profile who has connected to the company. For example, an alumnus or employee.
2. Check the Admin Settings
Once you’ve located and arrived at your Company Page, look for a button labeled “Admin tools” at the top right of your screen. (If you don’t see this button, someone else may have already deemed herself the sole Admin of your Company Page. To address this matter, contact LinkedIn directly.)
3. Manage Admins
By default, a Company Page is set so that “all employees with a valid email registered to the company domain” can serve as an administrator. This means that any of these people can edit the company information, see the Page analytics, etc. If this is not your preference, you can change this setting to “designated users only.”
4. Grow Your Page
You should now be set to manage your company’s official LinkedIn Page. Exciting, right? Take a look around and get comfortable. And if you run across any additional notes for the LinkedIn newbies like me, please share them here so that we can all benefit from our collective trial and error.