UPDATED on 22nd June 2020: Here’s a list of the Latest Top 50 Most Visited Websites in Zimbabwe. Ranking Data is based on user experience and good content. All this will be measured based on time spent on site, bounce rate, among other metrics as seen on Similarweb & Alexa.
This post is a series of Top African Websites per country. It will cover Zimbabwe’s most visited news, entertainment, corporate, e-commerce, and other popular sites on the countries internet space, just like we did with Kenya and Ghana.
Since 50% of a website’s speed depends on a good hosting company, most of these websites (including ours) use Siteground. Find out why we highly recommend them and get a discount by using our referral link here (opens in new tab). Disclosure: This is an affiliate link and we will get a reward if you sign up using it.Here’s a list of the Latest Top 50 Most Visited Websites in Zimbabwe. Ranking Data is based on user experience, quality content, time spent on site, bounce rate, among other metrics as seen on Similarweb and Alexa. Click To Tweet
Top 16 Most Visited Local Websites in Zimbabwe:
We decided to break down the top websites in Zimbabwe into two lists:
- A list restricted to the Top 16 Most Visited Local Websites in Zimbabwe.
- A Combined List of the Top 50 Local and International Websites Visited in Zimbabwe.
To begin with, allow us to share the criteria and definitions for the ‘Zimbabwean Websites‘ we used in this ranking process.
We defined “Zimbabwean Websites” in two ways:
- First, as any websites that contain the Zimbabwean domain extension ie. .co.zw .or.zw, etc.
- Secondly, as any website that is owned by a Zimbabwean, managed by a Zimbabwean, predominantly publishes Zimbabwean content and that has the majority of its traffic from Zimbabwe.
Here’s the latest list of the Top 16 Most Visited Local Websites in Zimbabwe as at June 2020:
|Zimbabwean Websites||Daily Time on Site||Daily Pageviews per Visitor||% of Traffic From Search||Total Sites Linking In|
|1.||Zimeye.net (News)||7:46||| 3.2||| 17%||2,341|
|2.||Nehandaradio.com (Media)||7:07||| 2.9||| 20%||1,314|
|3.||Herald.co.zw (News)||5:57||| 2.5||| 27%||1,129|
|4.||Iharare.com (News)||5:17||| 2.4||| 24%||115|
|5.||Newsday.co.zw (News)||4:46||| 2.1||| 31%||395|
|6.||Vacancymail.co.zw (Jobs)||7:08||| 3.4||| 16%||73|
|7.||Bulawayo24.com (News)||9:32||| 2.9||| 31%||2,016|
|8.||Zimra.co.zw (Govt.)||13:36||| 3.0||| 24%||185|
|9.||Telone.co.zw (Comm.)||3:25||| 2.1||| 19%||102|
|10.||Uz.ac.zw (College)||6:08||| 3.0||| 36%||606|
|11.||Msu.ac.zw (College)||5:13||| 3.4||| 27%||279|
|12.||Newsdzezimbabwe.co.uk (News)||9:28||| 4.0||| 19%||200|
|13.||Chronicle.co.zw (News)||4:14||| 1.8||| 27%||510|
|14.||Pindula.co.zw (Network)||5:17||| 1.9||| 25%||144|
|15.||Topup.co.zw (Service)||4:16||| 4.2||| 35%||50|
|16.||Ihararejobs.com (Jobs)||4:54||| 3.6||| 38%||70|
There are only two major websites in the Business or E-commerce category. Either, this shows that there is little trust in online shopping Zimbabweans are opting for smaller IG and WhatsApp merchants. Click To Tweet
Before you leave, there’s still so much more… A Combined List of the Top 50 Local and International Websites Visited in Zimbabwe and a General Analysis of the above list in comparison to websites in Kenya and Ghana.
Top 50 Most Visited Local and International Websites in Zimbabwe:
Since TechZim listed the top 10 popular websites in Zimbabwe 4 years ago, this list has drastically changed. We have some new sites that have joined while others disappeared down the drain.
Here’s the latest list of the Top 50 Most Visited Websites in Zimbabwe as of June 2020:
|Local Rank||Zimbabwean and International Websites||Daily Time on Site||Daily Pageviews per Visitor||% of Traffic From Search||Total Sites Linking In|
Here’s a list of the Latest Top 50 Most Visited Websites in Zimbabwe. Ranking Data is based on user experience, quality content, time spent on site, bounce rate, among other metrics as seen on Similarweb and Alexa. Click To Tweet
Analysis of the Most Visited Websites in Zimbabwe:
Another observation is that the audience of Zimbabwean websites is predominantly South African. This can be seen by the percentage of traffic as broken down below.
By category, the most visited websites in Zimbabwe are News and informational sites followed by Entertainment (mostly Movie streaming sites) then lastly by Social media and porn sites.By category, the most visited websites in Zimbabwe are News and informational sites followed by Entertainment (mostly Movie streaming sites) then lastly by Social media and porn sites. Click To Tweet
E-commerce and Business Websites:
There are only two major websites in the Business or E-commerce category, and these are at rank 15 and 16 respectively. Either, this shows that there is little interest in E-commerce or Zimbabweans are seeking their solutions elsewhere.
An absence of e-commerce sites in this list could indicate that Zimbabweans are not comfortable doing a lot of their shopping online. Perhaps because they buy from smaller merchants on Instagram or Facebook as opposed to actual e-commerce websites.
This clearly reveals a gap in that market that could be filled by almost anyone who dares to invest.An absence of e-commerce sites could indicate that Zimbabweans are not comfortable with online shopping. Clearly revealing a gap in that market that could be filled by almost anyone who dares to invest. Click To Tweet
Pornography, X-rated, and Gambling/Betting Websites:
Although betting and gambling sites are missing here, a porn site ranks at number 4, which is higher than any local website apart from ZimEye. However, the other x-rated sites are way lower towards the end of the list.
Porn websites attract more visitors each month than Amazon, Netflix, and Twitter combined – worldwide.
Just like their online shopping habits, Zimbabweans seem to be watching less porn as compared to Kenyans.
Although betting and gambling sites are missing, a porn site ranks at number 4, higher than any local website besides ZimEye. The other x-rated sites are way lower towards the end of the list. Click To Tweet
Also missing on this list is Gambling and Betting Websites. In Kenya, these two categories alone had once dominated the top ten list of most visited websites.
The reason behind the absence of multiple Pornography, X-rated, and Gambling/Betting Websites could be censorship by the government and search engines.
Another plausible reason is the use of VPN’s and private browsers like TOR. However, there is also the possibility that Zimbabweans all prefer that one porn site or they just are not that into porn as compared to Kenya.The reason behind the absence of multiple Pornography, X-rated and Gambling/Betting Websites on Zimbabweans top websites could be government censorship and use of VPN's Click To Tweet
News, Social Media, and Entertainment Websites:
News sites seem to be dominating the Zimbabwean internet sphere. Almost all the top 10 websites are news-based.
This could show the need for localized content that bigger sites like BBC and Aljazeera may not provide. Secondly, we could have the same information but the local news sites have the upper hand in personalizing and relating the stories to cultural realities.
Social Media definitely plays a huge role but with the on-going trends of fake news and uncontrolled content that often leads to issues like cyber bullying, people may slowly continue gravitating to local sites that speak their ‘Language’, reiterate their beliefs and reinforce indigenous culture.
This can be both good and lethal at the same time but at least the people have a choice. Let’s see what they will go with.News sites seem to be dominating the Zimbabwean internet sphere. Almost all the top 10 websites are news-based. This could show the need for localized content that bigger sites like BBC and Aljazeera may not provide. Click To Tweet
Searches related to Zimbabwe News on the Internet:
Some of the main keywords Zimbabweans use to search for news online. (In no particular order):
zimeye news, new zimbabwe news, bulawayo24 latest news, news day zimbabwe, daily news zimbabwe, herald zimbabwe latest news, zimeye latest news, zimbabwe news 24, tell zim latest news, zimbabwe news on the internet, zim daily news, zim latest news 24/7, latest zimbabwe news headlines, iharare news, bulawayo24 news, nehanda radio news, mafaro news, pindula news, newsdzezimbabwe, my zimbabwe news, nehanda news, hmetro zimbabwe latest news,
More Details on the top 3 Most Visited Websites in Zimbabwe:
The following details go a little bit deeper than just a top list.
As you will see, our research went all in to uncover details like the words visitors use in google and other search engines to find these top websites, how much time visitors spend, and these websites, the overall rank compared to all the websites worldwide.
Let’s dive in…
Zimeye.net – Zim Eye Media: 1st Most Visited Websites in Zimbabwe
ZimEye.net by Zim Eye Media is an integrated network of journalists and other professionals (mostly based in London) reporting on Zimbabwe and the rest of Africa that was founded in 2007. Their tagline: Creativity & Freedom through Art and Writing… says it all.Zimeye.net by Zim Eye Media is 1st Most Visited Websites in Zimbabwe as of June 2020! Click To Tweet
What makes ZimEye.net stand out is that various journalists are the individual publishers of content on the website. They are all united by one goal: To report the latest news about Zimbabwe today, live as it happens. It is thus a news network of professionals in various fields scattered across the globe. They seek to expose facts, myths, commentaries, and news-centric developments on Zimbabwe and Africa at large.
The name ZimEye is a play of the country name (Zimbabwe) and Eye meaning: “the individual Zimbabwean and the way that person sees things.” Besides news coverage, the ZimEye network collectively sponsors and supports community development projects, integration, and professional development of African nationals at large in both journalism and various other art fields.
Local and Global Ranking:
ZimEye.net is the most visited Local Website in Zimbabwe. It has a Local Rank (including international websites) of 3. While it’s Global Rank is 14,107 (which has actually dropped 866 positions over the last 3 months).
The main website related or similar to ZimEye.net based on Local and Global Ranking, content and audience overlap is myzimbabwe.co.zw
Visitors Demography Segmentation:
Zimbabwe accounts for 19.75% of ZimEye.net visitors. Besides Zimbabwe, other visitors come from South Africa taking up 32.99% and the United Kingdom taking up 17.91%.
These visitors look at an average of 3.2 pages and spend approximately 7 minutes and 46 seconds on the ZimEye.net website daily.
Data, Numbers and Statistics:
ZimEye.net has a bounce rate of 45.90% which means that most of the visitors look at more than one page before leaving the site.
Only 5% of the visitors come from search engines and the most searched phrase as of June 2020 is “zimeye”. People tend to visit iharare.com, newsdzezimbabwe.co.uk, and nehandaradio.com before visiting the ZimEye.net website.
There is a total of 2,341 different websites linking back to ZimEye.net This is way lower than the most visited local website in Kenya, nation.com which has 9,170.
Official Contacts: Zimeye.net – Zim Eye Media:
Head Office: Zim Eye Media. London, United Kingdom
Email Address: editor(at)zimeye.com
Telephone Number: +44 7426 863301
Official Contact Website: Zimeye.net
More Contact Details:
Business & National Editorial Moderators:
Shiellah Sibanda (Education& Politics Editor) | Email editor_at_zimeye.net
Tina Norbury| (General Editorial) Phone: +44(0)7426863301 tina_at_zimeye.org
Simbarashe Chikanza| (General Editorial & Senior Admin) Phone: +44(0)7411343574
Emmanuel Chindove (Gen Editorial – Video Programs)
Frank Muchena| (+44(0)7426243730)
Tsungai Chipato | +01 2892188596 [email protected]
Tonderai Garisayi | (+44(0)7426144730) tonderai.garisayi_at_zimeye.org
Business Technology Editor / Admin / Lead Editorial Moderator:
Simba Chikanza | Phone: +44(0)7411343574 simba_at_zimeye.org
Senior Political Editor:
Clement Moyo| Phone: (+44(0) 7413584323 [email protected]
The US- National Editor
Steve Nkabinde Phone: (001) 971-240-1762 editor_at_zimeye.org
steve.nkabinde_at_zimeye.org | Phone:+44 (0)7426863301
Nehandaradio.com – Nehanda Radio: 2nd Most Visited Websites in Zimbabwe
Nehanda Radio is a Zimbabwean radio station that provides 24-hour running news on the website and during broadcasts. They also aim to provide breaking news as it happens via a popular e-mail alert system that listeners and readers can subscribe to.
Zimbabwe is in the midst of a great tragedy and they have taken up a role in informing everyone involved about the needed change.Nehandaradio.com by Nehanda Radio is the 2nd Most Visited Websites in Zimbabwe as of June 2020! Click To Tweet
The name Nehanda is drawn from Mbuya Nehanda, the mother of Zimbabwe. She was the spirit medium that was the inspiration behind the 1896-97 first chimurenga.
When the Europeans arrived in Zimbabwe, Nehanda’s spirit medium was a woman by the name of Nyakasikana. She lived in the northern part of Zimbabwe and used her leadership to spearhead the first war of resistance (Chimurenga CheKutanga) against European domination of the region.
Local and Global Ranking:
Nehandaradio.com is the 2nd most visited Local Website in Zimbabwe. It has a Local Rank (including international websites) of 5. While it’s Global Rank is 39,094 (which has actually dropped 3,000 positions over the last 3 months).
The main website related or similar to Nehandaradio.com based on Local and Global Ranking, content and audience overlap is dailynews.co.zw
Visitors Demographic Segmentation:
Zimbabwe accounts for 15.74% of Nehandaradio.com visitors. Besides Zimbabwe, other visitors come from South Africa taking up 32.06% and the United Kingdom taking up 22.53%.
These visitors look at an average of 2.9 pages and spend approximately 7 minutes and 07 seconds on the Nehandaradio.com website daily.
Data, Numbers and Statistics:
Nehandaradio.com has a bounce rate of 45.0% which means that most of the visitors look at more than one page before leaving the site.
About 23% of the visitors come from search engines and the most searched phrase as of June 2020 is “elephant kills german tourist”. People tend to visit iharare.com and zimeye.net before visiting the Nehandaradio.com website.
There is a total of 1,314 different websites linking back to Nehandaradio.com This is way lower than the most visited local website in Ghana, Ghanaweb.com which has 12,616!
Official Contacts: Nehandaradio.com – Nehanda Radio
Head Office: London, United Kingdom
Email Address: editor(at)nehandaradio.com
Telephone Number / WhatsApp: +447748665050 or +263773011022
Twitter (200K): https://twitter.com/nehandaradio
Facebook (522K): https://www.facebook.com/NehandaRadio
Official Contact Website: Nehandaradio.com
More Contact Details:
Harare Bureau: Never Kadungure and Tatenda Dewa
Bulawayo Bureau: Thulani Ncube
Gweru Bureau: Owen Mbanje
Mutare Burea: Priscilla Muchinguri
Masvingo Bureau: Rodwell Maguta
Herald.co.zw – Zimbabwe Newspapers (1980) Limited: 3rd Most Visited Websites in Zimbabwe
The Herald is Zimbabwe’s leading daily newspaper and is the flagship of Zimbabwe Newspapers (1980) Limited. Zimbabwe Newspapers (1980) Ltd is the oldest newspaper publisher and commercial printer in Zimbabwe, as well as being the largest publisher of newspapers, having been in the industry since 1891.
It publishes 13 newspaper titles and runs a Broadcasting Division with two radio stations and one television network. The company is the proprietor of Zimbabwe’s leading daily newspapers, The Herald, The Chronicle, and H-Metro.Herald.co.zw by Zimbabwe Newspapers (1980) Limited is the 3rd Most Visited Websites in Zimbabwe as of June 2020! Click To Tweet
Besides being the biggest newspaper publisher in the country, Zimpapers is the only publisher and printer operating as a public company, having been floated on March 8 1927; then as the Rhodesian Printing and Publishing Company Limited. It changed its name in 1980 when Zimbabwe gained its Independence from colonial rule. The 1927 launch incidentally makes it one of the oldest listings on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange.
For more than 80 years, readers, have had the opportunity to buy and trade in the shares of “their newspaper”, – which has seen hundreds of smaller investors joining the big institutional investors in taking a stake in the equity.
Zimpapers has newspaper offices in Harare, Bulawayo, and Mutare and commercial printing work in Harare and Bulawayo. Gweru hosts a newspaper bureau and a commercial office, while journalists are stationed in bureaus across the country. The Group also has a strong presence on digital publishing platforms, which is where the future lies.
Other sister websites, publications and companies to Herald.co.zw include: The Herald: 1891, The Manica Post: 1893, The Chronicle: 1894, Sunday News: 1930, The Sunday Mail: 1935, Kwayedza: 1986, Umthunywa: 2004, Southern Times: 2004, H-Metro: 2009, B-Metro: 2010, Suburban Avondale: 2016, Suburban Borrowdale: 2016, Business Weekly: 2017, Zimtravel Magazine: 2003, Bridal Magazine: 2011
Local and Global Ranking:
Herald.co.zw is the 3rd most visited Local Website in Zimbabwe. It doesn’t have a local rank because most of the audience is predominantly from South Africa, UK, and Botswana. While it’s Global Rank is 62,622 (which has actually dropped 1,280 positions over the last 3 months).
The main website related or similar to Herald.co.zw based on Local and Global Ranking, content and audience overlap is newsday.co.zw
Visitors Demography Segmentation:
Zimbabwe accounts for less than 5% of Herald.co.zw visitors. Besides Zimbabwe, other visitors come from South Africa taking up 33.1%, Botswana with 11.1%, and the United Kingdom taking up 12.2%.
These visitors look at an average of 2.5 pages and spend approximately 5 minutes and 57 seconds on the Herald.co.zw website daily.
Data, Numbers and Statistics:
Herald.co.zw has a bounce rate of 40.30% which means that most of the visitors look at more than one page before leaving the site.
About 19% of the visitors come from search engines and the most searched phrase as of June 2020 is “herald zimbabwe latest news”. People tend to visit iharare.com and newsday.co.zw before visiting the Herald.co.zw website.
There is a total of 1,121 different websites linking back to Herald.co.zw This is way lower than the most visited local website in Kenya, nation.com which has 9,170.
Official Contacts: Herald.co.zw – Zimbabwe Newspapers (1980) Limited:
Head Office: Herald House, Harare, Zimbabwe
Contacts: George Silundika and Sam Nujoma
Email Address: theherald(at)zimpapers.co.zw
Telephone Number: +263 024 795771
Official Contact Website: Herald.co.zw
Gule Wamukulu entertaining Zanu (PF) supporters at a star rally in NORTON
Honorable Mentions: Significant Websites every Zimbabwean should Visit:
To clarify, this community-curated list is not an endorsement but rather a collection of unlikely websites that may not be the most popular but are worth your awareness.
These are websites that may not have made it to the top list but you definitely have to visit. For instance, if you live in, are planning to visit or are simply interested in Zimbabwe.
- techzim.co.zw – Techzim is an information technology and business publication that obsesses about the opportunity of tech particularly the internet for individuals and businesses in Zimbabwe and the greater African region.
- 263chat.com – 263Chat was launched on September 29 2012 as a way of encouraging and participating in the progressive and national dialogue in Zimbabwe. The use of the internet and the numerous social media tools available play an integral role in this entire process. Zimbabweans are already engaged in numerous conversations about their daily lives in Zimbabwe and beyond. 263Chat aims, in part, to amplify their voices.
- pindula.co.zw – Pindula is a place to find information about local things. They do it a lot like Wikipedia, except everything is hyper-local. In fact, the use the same platform that Wikipedia uses. The only difference is we want as much as possible for locals to contribute to local information.
- thehumancapitalhub.com – This is a portal where knowledge about human resources practices is shared. The knowledge comes from experts across the globe who have volunteered to share research-supported articles, case studies, personal experiences and leading practices. Job seekers can hunt for jobs here and employers can search for talent here. You get fresh trends on salaries offered on the market. This a hub for those willing to learn and enhance their chances of career progression. The Human Capital Hub is a product of Industrial Psychology Consultants (Pvt) Ltd.
- veritaszim.net – Veritas provides information on the work of the Parliament of Zimbabwe and the Laws of Zimbabwe and makes public domain information widely available. They also have Veritas Women, a fully interactive helpdesk legal advisory forum about women’s rights and legal issues. It is a platform to discuss various aspects of women’s rights and legal issues. Visitors get to interact with our in house legal experts through various user interfaces on social media and email if they want to know more about women’s legal issues and rights and share their own insights.
- becomingthemuse.net – Becoming the muse started as a personal journal by Beaton M. but has grown into a social commentary on life in Zimbabwe. It is his detailed journey to help him remember where he came from, how that led him to who he would become, to witness his present becoming history, the future becoming the present… And him Becoming who he is! Everything that you want you to know about him can be found within that tangle of words that span years (est 2013) of thoughts written but never really spoken.
- afrobloggers.org.zw – Afrobloggers started as a mere Twitter account, for retweeting posts by various African bloggers. Our existence was a result of the need to have a one-stop place from which bloggers could share their work without spamming and annoying those who would not be interested. Our Eureka moment happened when, someone tweeted to us: “Guys, I love your community” We realized then what we had on our hands could be much more. We could identify as a creative /social hub! (Click here to learn about hubs) So began our formal remodeling… Today, Afrobloggers is one of the most recognized and celebrated virtual hubs in the Sub Sahara region.
- kubatana.net – Kubatana is a community. Members come from all walks of life and are based in all corners of Zimbabwe. In fact, on their home page, you’ll see Wilfred, Courtly, Ngwenya, Tatenda, and Itai. Along with thousands of other Zimbabweans, they are what make Kubatana as good as it is! Nationally Kubatana provides technical support to a wide variety of NGOs and CSOs. And, Kubatana is also active offline. We conceptualize and implement social justice campaigns at street level.
- cite.org.zw – The Centre For Innovation & Technology provides open community space, and acts as an incubator that is vibrant and enables a collaborative environment for innovators and startups to think through their ideas, and develop their solutions, so as to turn these opportunities into meaningful products, services, and businesses, Sometimes we have a pretty good sense of where the opportunities are and the real challenge is to come up with ideas to take advantage of the opportunity.
- urbanculxure.com – Formed in April 2014, Urban Culxure is a multi-award winning online arts and entertainment magazine that has the mandate to inform, educate, and entertain the Zimbabwean audience in different parts of the world. Our site is a citizen journalism platform that focuses on the arts and the creative sector. Located in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe they mainly focus on Content Creation, Event Previews, Live Twitter Updates, and Social Media Consultancy.
- openparly.com – The Open Parliament Zimbabwe believes in more engagement between decision-makers and citizens for a better society for young Zimbabweans. The openparly platform is a Magamba Network Project.
- magambanetwork.com – Magamba means ‘Heroes’ or ‘Freedom Fighters’. It all started when two young Zimbabweans, Comrade Fatso & Outspoken, met at a poetry slam and battled each other – with words. Today Magamba Network is Zimbabwe’s leading creative organization and we work on the cutting edge of arts, digital media, activism, and innovation. Magamba’s award-winning initiatives include the Shoko Festival, Zimbabwe’s longest-running festival of urban culture; Moto Republik, Zimbabwe’s first creative hub; the internationally acclaimed Zambezi News satire show, the weekly political news show The Week and the pioneering digital media projects Open Parly and The FeedZW.
Honorable Mentions – Significant Websites every Zimbabwean and anyone interested in Zimbabwe should Visit: Click To Tweet
P.S: If you feel like we need to include a specific website here, please share it with us via the comments below or send it via WhatsApp: +254722535035 and we will review and add it asap. Here’s a direct link: https://wa.me/254722535035
What is the Precision and Accuracy of this Most Visited Websites in Zimbabwe list?
For precision and accuracy, we cross-referenced data from Similar Web, Alexa, SEM Rush, ahrefs, and Website Outlook. All these platforms aim to show domain popularity.
However, they do it in different ways. So which one is better and more accurate? Here’s a brief comparison between Alexa by Amazon and SimilarWeb , since they are the most popular website ranking platforms. See the comparison below and read our Disclaimer!
The biggest question asked with regards to website traffic is this: Why are my Alexa and SimilarWeb rankings different? Well, here is the answer: They are not. These are just two different platforms calculating data in different ways. So, Alexa verses SimilarWeb, which one is more accurate? It all depends on your goals and the specific data you are looking for.
Comparison between Alexa and SimilarWeb. Which one is more accurate?
Obviously, SimilarWeb has many more features than Alexa. It has been said to be more beneficial for digital marketers who are focussed on general reach and customer behaviour because of it’s useful tools for studying trends. However, SimilarWeb ranking is predominantly based on the estimated number of monthly unique visitors alone.
On the other hand, Alexa, which takes into account more engagement metrics like pageviews, bounce rate and time spent on site as well as monthly unique visitors. Millions of internet users have Alexa toolbar installed, which gathers browsing habits and user information to calculate website ranking. Since we are focussing on website ranking and not all the other features SimilarWeb offers, we will give preference to Alexa.
This list is based on actual engagement metrics, optimization, user experience, and not just raw traffic or popularity. That’s why sites with 10k monthly unique visitors can rank higher than sites with over 100k. This is mainly due to higher engagement. A good example is Adult Sites, which may have high traffic but not the other engagement metrics. (Also, consider the use of private incognito modes and VPN’s)
Just before you leave…
Glossary – More of Context than Definition and Meaning:
- Search Engine Friendly: The most optimized website on the Top 10 List from Kenay is tuko.co.ke. Making a website SEO friendly means that search engines can crawl each page on the website efficiently, interpret the content effectively, and index it in their database to make it available for users who search for it.
- Local Website Rank: The highest local ranking website in Kenya is standardmedia.co.ke Because the ranking is different from one city to another, local rank, in this case, refers to the ranking of the said websites as seen in a specific location. In this case, Kenya.
- Global Website Rank: This one is standardmedia.co.ke. This is the ranking of a website in comparison to all other websites in the world. It calculates the number of monthly unique visitors together with the number of page views across desktop and mobile traffic.
- Search Referrals: tuko.co.ke is also the site with the largest percentage of search engine traffic at 39.70 %. This refers to the percentage of people who access your site after searching for a certain keyword.
- Pageviews: This will be ecitizen.go.ke. Pageviews are instances of an Internet user visiting a particular page on a website. They are recorded using cookies based on how many clicks and pages a user navigates to on a website.
- Average Time: Since it is mostly related to pageviews ecitizen.go.ke takes this one too. It refers to an average of the time spent by all visitors on a website each day. It is also calculated in minutes by cookies and clicks made by the visitors on the website.
- Backlinks: At 7,866 standardmedia.co.ke takes lead. (I must say they look abnormally too high considering the next site has almost half that number.) In search engine optimization terminology a backlink is a hyperlink that links from a Web page, back to your own Web page, or Web site. Also called an Inbound Link, these links are important in determining the popularity (or importance) of your Web site.
So, What’s the Conclusion about the Most Visited Websites in Zimbabwe?
Looking at this data, you can clearly see how powerfully positioned media is. This power, unchecked and moderated is what develops into propaganda, gutter press, and Fake News.
They are literary controlling the narrative and deciding our future, present, and even past! All that can change now. A great example is seen in this article that explores the Manipulation seen in the very Founding of Kenya as a Country. It exposes just how clueless we could be about our History even in this age of information.
Regardless of who you are, where you live and what you do, we are all victims of Historical Injustices. Leave a comment below right now, with your unmoderated thoughts about all this, or send us a private message. We will respond to you in 24 hours.
Another simple thing you can do is share this article or link back to it. Simple, but it goes a long way. Just click on the auto-share link below. That’s all for now!