Okay, yeah I know this is not really a question but I feel it had to be said.
Let’s start with why the government claims Kenyan citizens ‘need’ to have a Huduma Namba (number):
- It will be a national catalogue of all citizens’ data
- It will reduce crime by improving traceability of persons
- It will smoothen service delivery by synthesising all registration facilities i.e. NHIF, NSSF, voter registration, etc.
- It will curtail fraudsters who use identities of deceased persons
Now, let us turn to why the project is bogus: –
- A national ID card, which comes with unique serial and ID numbers, can serve purposes (1) to (4) above which begs the questions:
– Why isn’t the government simply using national ID registration to harmonise the data?
– There was a time some money was allocated to make national ID cards ‘smart’ (with data chips) so what happened?
- Just as it was with the botched anglo-leasing project, one can argue that this may simply be another avenue to steal public funds while pretending ‘to work’
- Why can’t a national ID card (its data rather) be used to do (4) above? If they argue that the data is wanting then that would be a confession of incompetence on part of the government which again begs the question why we would then trust them with this new Huduma Namba project
I can go on and on but this gives a gist of the flakiness of the Huduma Namba project.
Further reading on Huduma Namba:
Here’s an in-depth analysis with more facts on the Huduma Namba project: Huduma Namba Facts: Is Your Privacy and Data Safe?
For further reading on Huduma Namba see:
- Why the Huduma Namba (number) project is hogwash ….
- David Ndii says Huduma Namba is the Mark of the Beast, 666. Is he right?
- How is Huduma Namba “Mark of The beast” paving way for DNA Weapons and targeted DNA diseases?
- Cyber Attacks: After the hacking of IFMIS and other Government Websites… Is Huduma Namba data safe from Hackers?
- Are the People who registered for Huduma Namba Patriots or Traitors?